March 28, 2022

Filming: We Pulled Through

Saturday: 3/26/22

     I had an early start this day and discussed with my group what items we'd need for this filming session. Jordyn mentioned it was vital that new apples and the bedroom signs were brought by anyone who could bring em', so I noted that the apples were now top of my list for things  to get. I got going for Jordyn's place (our filming location) at about 10 a.m. because we were set on meeting at 11a.m. and got to her city 30 minutes before I had to be at the final location, but what was especially perfect was she lives not even 2 minutes from a grocery store. I went in and had trouble finding where things were located because the setup of this Publix was pretty different from my neighborhood one, but my method of walking up and down each isle until I saw something useful worked pretty well. I grabbed three types of apple, Ambrosia's my favorite for this project because they're big and blotchy. I needed something real big for the scene where the apple is tossed in the trash and the electricity bill is shown so it could cover the camera and give us the black screen transition to our next scene. It was also good to have more than one apple for sure, just in case we had to re-do any scenes or had Anyways, I grabbed my apples and some mini muffins for my team, as well as an Iced tea for my sister as a thank you for driving me 30 minutes away, and went to a quick checkout where I was overcharged for my big ol' apples. I didn't sweat going to customer service, I wanted to stay on time, and I'm not crazy picky. After this I made my way over and found I was the first one there, Yaneli came later as the time we were to come was pushed back because our actor was 3 hours away from home and now coming at 1 pm. While we waited for our actor to come over, Jordyn and I worked on filming the trashcan scene. I positioned the paper and taped up the bill to be shown in camera and helped crumple up papers to make sure it's known we're in the trashcan. I put Jordyn's phone like the picture below and I did multiple shots doing an underhand throw of the apple into the can. We eventually got a perfect shot, I'm super happy with the way it turned out. Eventually, Yaneli arrived and we all ate lunch together and did shots we didn't need our actor for, like the door shots and bedroom panning. Our actor came along not much later, and we got right to work. I filmed the shots where our actor had dialogue with mom. After this, I helped align the camera for multiple shots and checked the camera for Jordyn as she did tracking shots. Our actor was a great sport, and I did any extra little tasks to make sure he was positioned correctly and not looking at the camera, and I know our product will be phenomenal with him. I left at around 5pm after our last shot in the hallway, the part where our actor sees something really shocking and his eyes widen, the climax!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 This is my reflection! I had fun making it with my family and friends, thanks to them I was able to complete this. It was a good run.