February 01, 2022

Meet The Writer: New Year, New Me...?

 It feels like we're inching closer and closer to the end of this journey, maybe it's because we actually are. It seems like everything happened so quickly; before I started typing this, I looked back at my first blog introduction and realized it has been nearly 5 months since it was published. It feels insane to have blinked and realized time goes fast. Either way, i'm happy for this new year and what's to come for me. I am Julissa and I am currently in my junior year of high school. Truthfully, I've been struggling to stay on top of my studies, it feels like my grades just don't matter anymore. While it would be a shame to put everything on mental health, I'm not really sure what else to call it. I feel like this at the moment, but I still want to dedicate myself to this project, it wouldn't be fair for the people working with me to create a meaningful product. As for my inner character, I consider myself to be a laid-back individual, one who loves too hard and forgives too fast. The highlight of my day is always hearing music, song after song. Having music in my life is a big part of who I am as a person, and I consider it to be even a hobby.  I never found myself to be a good singer, but you'll find me jamming anywhere from tiring passing periods in school to the cold milk section of my neighborhood Publix. It's the one thing that always keeps me going. In a Lucy Dacus song called "Brando" that I've been obsessed with for a bit, the guy in the song describes Lucy as "cerebral," meaning she's more intellectual rather than emotional. She goes on to mention she didn't know what it meant at the time, but knowing now, she would have preferred to be called pretty. She wished to be respected for more than what people think she and her mind are capable of, to be thought of for her appearance then mind for once. It may not be that deep, but Lucy's albums mean a lot to me, I can relate to so many of her childhood and teenaged experiences. It appears I am a quiet and friendly person, but I wonder if anything I do reveals that I am often overthinking and underfeeling.  It's interesting to me, how to different people we can be perceived so differently. One person can think I'm loud and eccentric, and another sees me as faint and unimportant. Alongside this, I've been filling my freetime with shows lately! I started watching Breaking Bad because one of our extract practice essays featured it, and I have to say, it's only been two weeks and I'm now halfway through season 4. The second thing I've done is take 10,000 steps a day, my new standard. It keeps me motivated and gives me something to look forward to. I love having something to look forward to, whether it's a new album from one of my favorite artists, a scenic walk I discovered, or another project I can get my hands dirty on and put my strengths to use. I think this Movie project is one of those things I can use my strengths toward. I want to try and see myself doing well, I just hope I can prove myself to be fruitful with the work I do turn in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 This is my reflection! I had fun making it with my family and friends, thanks to them I was able to complete this. It was a good run.